| 2 comments ]

I slept here last night in my new home. No running to my sisters' home in the middle of the night like a Scary Barry. No I slept here - what a first! But, there is a story behind my completing one full night in my new house.

First off, I was scared. But not as scared as I was my very first night. That night my heart felt as if it was going to jump out of my chest. Really, I felt like a heart attack was imminent. Keep in mind that I have a very active imagination, so the stories that flooded my brain were straight out of 'Criminal Minds.'

My family made fun of me because of something I felt I had to do in order to get some sleep. Trust me it was hilarious, although there is always the possibility some will disagree. But I had to make it do what it do!

Still I didn't get to sleep until 4:32AM - because I had a great idea to do some market research. I studied a few of the most popular infomercials and picked up some pointers on successful sales pitches. I understand clearly why the writers who write the scripts for infomercials get paid so well.

But being alone in a house without kids in it, is new for me. I've never lived by myself. Either I had a room mate or a boyfriend. I've never done this thing alone before. It's kind of spooky, being in a house without other voices, just the noises that a house makes. Like the water heater, the furnace or how about the refrigerator and the stove. They each make some strange noises.

Believe me, I have worked hard at not being labeled a Scary Barry. But, until I stayed my first night, it was hard getting to sleep.

Tonight will be better. I know it will. It's windy out, some kind of thunderstorm is moving our way. It's a great night to sleep. Thanks for stopping by Teasas World. :)

2 comments

Anonymous said... @ January 3, 2009 at 7:32 PM

my comment box wont open all the way :) so I'm typing on the blind.Well I know you'll get used to it as time goes by I still dread leaving the house cause I used to go out drinking alot.Now it has gotten a little easier but it's tempting sometimes.When that happens I just think of where I came from and where I'm at now and I like having a bed:)I'll be check ing up on you Hope this came out ok and Congrats on the house :):)

LaTease "Teasas Tips" said... @ January 5, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Yeah, John, it's just a matter of getting used to everything thats all. Thanks for dropping by!

Post a Comment