| 2 comments ]


I saw Barack Obama today. It was the most electrifying moment of my life. Never mind that I had to stand in line for an hour; never mind that we walked at least a mile up and down hills while waiting to get close enough to the St Louis arch.

No that didn't matter at all...when you have a chance to be in the presence of history.

As coincidence would have it, wait who am I fooling? Coincidence has nothing to do with it. While at the end of the line, Barack Obama's motorcade came past us. And he waved and smiled at us as he sped by. Of course doing about 30 mph, it didn't matter, I could have reached out and touched the silver Chevy Suburban he was riding in the back seat of...save for the Secret Service.

It wasn't just me that felt goosebumps, there were white, black, indian, all races, colors, ages, educational backgrounds...they felt it too...as we all just unanimously said, "there he is!"

This is the 1st time in my life that I have ever been involved in a Presidential election. I haven't liked any of the candidates enough to want to believe they could make a difference. But, I believe this time. I believe life can get better for the 95% of Americans who are suffering from job loss, foreclosures, and a crappy economy.

Fortunately for me, God has blessed me with an opportunity to work from home, and He has given me more than I need to make it in this life. For that I am grateful.

But, for all my brothers and sisters who are caught in the struggle, whether you be black, white, indonesian, cuban, it doesn't matter, we are all in this together....help is on the way.

Barack Obama I believe is that help.

Here is his victory speech in Iowa given earlier this year.


2 comments

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said... @ October 19, 2008 at 7:57 PM

I heard Michele on Ryan Seacrests readio show this morning and was just so impressed with what she was saying about their kids and family too. I am excited for election day!

LaTease "Teasas Tips" said... @ October 19, 2008 at 9:15 PM

Yes as I stated in the post, I have never been this excited about an election ever before. This is such a big deal. Thanks 4 dropping by!

Post a Comment