| ]


Some of my favorite vegetables also happen to be the filthiest vegetables.

Yeah, filthy in terms of pesticides and how much remains on them after we purchase them according to the Environmental Working Group.

Bell Peppers which are high in Vitamin A, C & B6. 'Clean' substitutes are broccoli, brussel sprouts and romaine lettuce.

I don't know about you, but I read these reports and take their advice with a grain of salt. After all, my grandmother lived to be 101 and she ate these so called 'dirty' veggies and she didn't die from pesticide poisoning, nor did she have dementia or alzheimers disease.

However, I will err on the side of caution and make sure I wash one of my favorite veggies.

Another 'dirty' vegetable that was revealed in the report is a great snack food--celery. Besides celery being a great calorie burner, as well as an awesome source of carotenoids, it also made the list. According to the 'dirty vegetable list,' carrots, broccoli and radishes were clean substitutes.

Are you ready for this?

Peeling fruits also made the dirty list. Peaches, Apples and Nectarines which are all high in Vitamins A & C--but according to the report, Apples have the highest level of pesticide.

Well, maybe I'll just grow my own in light of this refreshing report.