| ]

(me at a Friend's house)


I wish I had of been diligent in my 30s and early 40s about weight loss. Maybe I wouldn't have to work so hard at it if I had of been. Sometimes I think about friends and family members who are overweight. They seem happy or either oblivious to the health risks involved with continued weight gain.

I'm not being a prude or judgmental now that I have happily incorporated a weight loss and meal plan into my lifestyle...however, I care about them--probably more than they care for themselves.

A very good friend of mine started out walking with me twice a week. That was good for her, because exercise has never been her repartee as long as I've known her (7 years.)

She is overweight, eats lots of fried foods, red meat, smokes and hardly drinks any water.

For me, all of those characteristics make me not want to be around her, because she truly doesn't care about her health nor her body. I believe as the Bible states, that you should treat your body like a temple, because it is not yours.

My friend seems to be on some sort of suicide binge. She has even had issues with drug use and addiction before.

Don't get me wrong, I used to drink the bartender under the bar, but there is a time and a place for everything. Bad habits must go when you make a commitment to change.

Recently, my friend purchased some Wu-Yi Tea, the Chinese herbal tea that is supposed to be good for weight loss. I believe it does help, except you need to change your eating habits as well as incorporate some type of exercise into your lifestyle. Drinking two cups a day will not cause you to drop 20 pounds.

Only consistent exercise, watching what you eat, will help you get to your desired weight.

In March 2008 I weighed 252 pounds, my blood pressure was 110/80, my height is 5'7, and my BMI was 39.5.

Today, I weigh 220 pounds, my blood pressure is pretty much the same, and my BMI is 34.5.

My BMI is still too high for my liking, but on the positive side, its decreasing along with my weight.

As I've stated before, I drink upwards of 92 ounces of water per day, no salt in my diet, very little red meat, and I walk 1.5 - 3 miles per day four times per week. It is a ritual I stick to, one that I live by.

I can only pray for my friend and her health.