| 0 comments ]


You know, one thing I've forgotten to mention in this weight loss journey of mine is my secret weapon. I drink it everyday, sometimes 64 ounces or more. It helps flush my kidneys, keeps my skin clear and most of all, suppresses my appetite. My secret ingredient is water.

Just plain 'ol water. Nothing special about it, no lemon wedges, or food coloring, just clear water. Usually I drink a minimum of 64 ounces per day. My body is so accustomed to the water, that if I drink anything less than 32 ounces per day, my mouth will stay dry, and I'll get late night cramps in my foot. (The cramping comes from my water pills. Doctor warned me that if I didn't drink sufficient amounts of water or a banana a day this would happen.)
It really helps keep the hunger monster away too. And whenever I come in from my daily walk, it's the first thing I go too, my 32 ounce water bottle.

Here's what I ate today:

1 bowl of instant grits for breakfast

1 grilled chicken wrap sandwich for lunch

1 small grilled chicken vegetable salad for dinner

In between I had my fave, animal crackers.

The instant grits are Quaker brand, where one pack is equal to 100 calories per serving.

My chicken wrap sandwich was prepared with one flour tortilla (100 calories), grilled chicken tender seasoned with paprika, italian seasoning and egg, then placed in a pan to saute (1 tablespoon of canola oil was used). Then I added diced tomatoes & onions, lettuce and Pace salsa (medium).

Sometimes, I'll make chicken nachos, another fave recipe of mine. I love chicken and can make lots of healthy dishes using it. Chicken and shrimp help me make it sometimes.

For dinner, I had a bag of tossed salad greens, added onion, grilled chicken breast, tomatoes, raisins and shredded cheese. Not too heavy on the cheese, just enough to give it that special flavor I was looking for. I'm not sure of the total caloric intake of my lunch and dinner, but I do know that it's probably not at the 1000 calorie mark yet.

Counting calories is not my strong suit. I haven't done it since I had to do so for my sons' diabetes calculations. Thank God, nutritionists have come up with an easier way for this to be accomplished.

To top it all off, I had another 32 ounces of water. That makes 96 ounces today. I needed it too. It's really warm and muggy here, and I had enough Corona this past weekend to last for a week or two. Besides water is a good weight loss tool. I used to work with a gentleman who had lost half his body weight in just a year. He told me his secret: he drank half his body weight in water per day.

I'm not that good yet, as I weigh 220 pounds, but I'm getting there.

Note: I decided not to participate in the Team Challenge for Crohn's Disease & Colitis. My heart just wasn't in it. I'd rather support Juvenile Diabetes, the disease my son succumbed to. Thank you for all your support, believe me I'll find something else you can rally behind!

Have a great day, and be healthy!!

0 comments

Post a Comment