| 0 comments ]



TweetIt from HubSpot

Let me start off by saying thank you for all your support, prayers and well wishes during my time of mourning. My family and I appreciate all the kind messages and words you have conveyed to me either here, on Facebook or Twitter. Your support has meant so much. (photo courtesy cobaltbuckeye49)



Having the support of friends and family means a lot when you are grieving. We are not meant to endure crises alone, scripture speaks to that. No matter how independent we are, we will all need someone to lean on one day. It is what it is; life will most definitely throw curve balls you can’t always hit. When those times come, a caring, loving support system will help get you through them.



There are instances, however, when no amount of care, love and support you give someone, helps. That person most likely, heads into a downward emotional spiral that can lead to an addiction, depression or worse. Its times like these when you feel helpless watching a loved one systematically destroy themselves over the heartbreak of losing a loved one. Nothing you say or do helps to soothe their pain. The very sight of them destroying themselves and those around them, is disheartening. But, what can you do?



Not a thing. Time heals all wounds. All you can do is hope and pray that your loved one doesn’t suffer too long and that if so, they have the wisdom to seek God and to pray daily.



For me, strength isn’t something I hope for during this time of mourning. I don’t want to be strong enough to handle losing my mother nor my son. I want to be strong enough to give it to God so He can handle it. I just want to be able to enjoy the memories of both my mom and my son. And to enjoy the fact that I spent a moment in time with such incredible people. I’m not asking for much, just some memories from day to day to keep enhancing my life. That’s all.



Sometimes it’s the little things in life that make me happy.



"I take joy in doing your will, my God,
for your instructions are written on my heart.
I have told all your people about your justice.
I have not been afraid to speak out,
as you, O LORD, well know.
I have not kept the good news of your justice hidden in my heart;
I have talked about your faithfulness and saving power.
I have told everyone in the great assembly
of your
unfailing love and faithfulness."

—Psalm 40:8–10


0 comments

Post a Comment