| 0 comments ]


Some weight loss tips, that are old skool but they work....

Now that the FDA has banned Hydroxycut, people who are seeking to lose weight are scrambling to find a substitute. I guess I'm just old fashioned, but there is no quick answer to weight loss. If it took you 10 years to gain that extra 100 pounds, then its probably gonna take you just as long to lose it.

For women over 35, our metabolism slows down, throwing a monkey wrench into our efforts. I hear it from my friends all the time, that no matter how much they exercise, they lose inches and not a lot of pounds. Or they lose ounces and not pounds. This can be the source of great frustration.

Don't get frustrated though. There are things you can use to lose weight, safely and effectively.

In the past, I've written about Acai Berry and how it helps cleanse the colon. I don't buy into the weight loss claim, but maybe someone has lost weight taking it, I haven't. Acai Berry is good for keeping things regular, if you know what I mean. And that is a plus, health wise.

Exercise is and always has been the way I lose weight.

This summer, I'm playing softball on a co-ed team, and believe me, it makes a big difference getting out there being active, versus watching television and being on a computer all day.

The key to healthy weight loss and keeping it off is getting active. You've got to remind your body that it can do something other than be a storehouse for Popeye's chicken and White Castle slyders.

If you're not to keen on playing softball, then doctors, medical gurus, have been telling people for years that the safest, most effective method of activity is walking. Get out there and walk a bit. Set small goals, then gradually progress until you are walking a few miles a day.

My two sisters and I walk just for the sake of walking. There are lots of parks around our homes, and we make use of them. Walking is good for you, burns off calories, helps you lose weight, and is easy on those fragile knees!

Make sure you drink at least 8 -8 ounce glasses of water a day. Water is good for weight loss as well. I drink 84 ounces of water a day--I know this because I set out 5 -16.9 bottles of water daily as part of my health regimen. I do it daily that it is like getting up brushing my teeth. Water is good for you, make it a part of your healthy lifestyle.

Tomorrow, we'll talk about Resveratol....the anti-aging supplement 60 Minutes and Oprah has been raving about.


TweetIt from HubSpot

0 comments

Post a Comment