| 0 comments ]

I came face to face with my first critter tonight. As I exited my car, I noticed something moving out of the corner of my eye. Focusing on that area, I saw what looked like a furry creature standing on two hind legs.

As a city girl, the only thing that is furry and stands on its hind legs are squirrels. This animal that was looking at me was just as much aware of me as I of it. 'It' was a huge jack rabbit.

Even though he was kind of big, he could still move fast. I witnessed his jumping speed, that's how he caught my eye. But, he just kind of sat there for a moment, maybe trying to check me out - like he wanted to know if I was going to make him my dinner. Little did he know I was afraid of him.

Quickly I made it to my front door and fumbled with my keys. My heart felt like the thunder of an Indy 500 race car. You should have heard it -- totally wild. When I looked back at the rabbit, he was still sitting there, looking at me - not in a menacing kind of way, but a 'I think that crazy black woman has issues,' the rabbit just sat there and stared at me.

As I write this, I think how silly this whole thing is. This blog post isn't addressing any political or economic woes, I'm just blogging about the little things today. Things that are not affected by politics or money. I'm blogging about critters, rabbits that scare women my age that are not accustomed to critters yet.

Anyway, now that I know the rabbit and I are neighbors, I wonder how should I approach our relationship? How about, Mr. Rabbit, if you don't bother me, I won't bother you. That works for me.

Oh and guess what? My daughter told me she had a dream that a mad rabbit attacked her and was biting her thumb. She shared that story with me before I told her about my experience. Coincidence? Maybe.

Thanks for dropping by Teasas World!

0 comments

Post a Comment