| 0 comments ]

Awesome! That's how I felt after I completed my 1.5 mile walk for a cure this morning.

The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk at the GM Tech Center in Warren, Michigan was held this morning under the threat of rain and thunderstorms. But for the grace of God, the rain held off until after everyone had completed the walk.

Here is a little info on diabetes and what to look for:

What are the symptoms of type 1 diabetes?
The symptoms may occur suddenly, and include one or more of the following:

  • Extreme thirst
  • Frequent urination
  • Drowsiness, lethargy
  • Sugar in urine
  • Sudden vision changes
  • Increased appetite
  • Sudden weight loss
  • Fruity, sweet, or wine-like odor on breath
  • Heavy, labored breathing
  • Stupor, unconsciousness
I am so amped up about today's walk, that I am planning on year long fundraisers like skating parties, bowling parties and other stuff.

Right now, the way I feel is that no other parent, no other family should ever have to lose a loved one to this disease. And if I have to walk all over the world to help this, then I will.

Peace....

0 comments

Post a Comment