| 0 comments ]

I can now speak from experience about diet derailment. That’s what happens when you have a holiday and you pig out. All the good habits you adopted got pushed to the curb so you could satisfy those food cravings you had abstained from. It happened to me, and today, one week after the 4th of July, I am finally getting back on track.



Wow, it took a bit, but I got up this morning at 8am and did my 2 mile walk. It was one of the hardest things I had to do, because yesterday I took off and Thursday I only walked 1 mile. Today, I am getting back on track and continuing my journey to fitness. Besides it’s just 5 days away from the big Rock ‘n Roll in San Antonio kick off.



We’re having a kick off to celebrate the beginning of our 16 week training in preparation for the half marathon designed to raise money for Crohn’s Disease and Colitis. This year’s 13 mile trek is being held in Texas and I can’t wait to go.



For me, it will serve as a sense of accomplishment to complete the walk. I’ve never done anything like this before, and at 47 years old, I feel like I’m turning a corner in my life.

I’ve survived domestic spousal abuse, constant family drama, divorce, and the death of my 23 year old son to Diabetes. I’m ready to write a new chapter.



I hope you keep reading and stick with me while I go through my 16 week training. I’m going to need all the encouragement and motivation I can get.



Well, that’s it for today, its Saturday and I really need to catch up on my reading. Have a great weekend.


Try It Feel It Love It

0 comments

Post a Comment