| 0 comments ]


"You must be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy."---Leviticus 19:2

We have all entered into a covenant with God when we ask for salvation. This covenant represents an agreement that we make with the Lord in order to receive his blessings and holiness. So, this agreement is between God and His people.

A part of this covenant are instructions. Ways to live, and how to worship--are all found in the Bible. More specifically in the book of Leviticus, the rules, the law, is all spelled out on how we should live, what we should do, how we should behave, if we are to be holy and enter into the holiest of holies.

The book of Leviticus is Old Testament for sure. It is the third book in the Bible just after Genesis and Exodus.

Leviticus is God's guidebook for "His newly redeemed people" showing them how to worship, serve and obey a holy God. With our redemption, we must walk with newness, talk a new way, so that when people see you, they can tell there is something different about you.

I spoke to a friend recently by phone, and she knew me when I was wrapped in sin, and she told me that "I sound different now." That blew my mind, because I didn't know people could hear the change in me over the phone. To me, that "change" she spoke about, evidenced my new way of walking, my new way of thinking in the Lord.

However....


In the book of Leviticus, this gospel takes us back to the beginning, where it all began. It is the beginning that we must return when we make a covenant with God. You see, when we are saved, we begin again, because we are saved and washed of our sins. Thus, we are starting over but with a clean slate.

All the wrong we have done to others, to ourselves, and what has been done to us, has been forgiven. Those wrongs have been cleansed and purged from our souls, from our lives.

There is no more shame; no more guilt; no more condemnation -- we have been made free.

So, this beginning literally means that we are a brand new person made holy by our God who is holy.
"Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established."--Proverbs 16:3 KJV

Thank you for reading Teasas World, may God keep you and bless you in Jesus' name, Amen.




TweetIt from HubSpot

0 comments

Post a Comment