| 5 comments ]



Like the robins that rest in the tree outside my office window, the essence of life resides in peace. On my own, I've done some research. Observing the lives of immediate family and friends. Because we have close relationships, some intimacies were shared.

A variety of dramas woven into their daily lives causes them to live a stressful life. They are so accustomed to living this way they don't even notice how during a normal conversation, they become defensive for no apparent reason. If that wasn't enough they then accuse you of behaving in the same manner they already exhibited.

That's when I was reminded that having peace of mind is precious. A peace that is so mellow and without drama, that the very thought of drama can not penetrate this kingdom. Many people live their whole lives not ever experiencing true peace, nor true happiness.

When you have peace in your life, there is an unbridled joy in your heart that doesn't require external validation from anyone. You feel the freedom that comes with having being blessed. I thank God for all He has done for me. Maybe that's where my joy comes from - the Holy Spirit?

This inner peace I'm talking about is so precious to me, something I don't take lightly. Many times folks in your inner circle will try to knock you off your center. Staying aware of this possibility keeps your personal sanctuary safe.

But, alas, I have learned to compartmentalize the people in my life. Everyone does not deserve to sit in the front row of your life. I once read that in a Susan L. Taylor book, and that one sentence revolutionized the way I handle relationships. Putting people in their proper places keeps life stress free.

My philosophy about things, is, life is difficult is enough without other people adding to it. If you can keep as much negativity out of your life, then you have got a shot at achieving true peace of mind.

In Teasas World, there is peace -- thanks for reading.

5 comments

Anonymous said... @ February 2, 2009 at 7:00 PM

That sums it, "life is difficult is enough without other people adding to it"

Great post :-)

LaTease "Teasas Tips" said... @ February 3, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Thank you Dinah...sometimes we just need to take a breather!

Anonymous said... @ February 5, 2009 at 7:23 AM

There was a time when i wore a sterling silver peace sign around my neck...most thought it was a throw back to the 60's and would comment. However I knew that it was my life's quest: and I too have found true peace thru my savior...God Bless

Unknown said... @ February 5, 2009 at 7:23 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
LaTease Rikard said... @ February 5, 2009 at 7:26 AM

Thank you for reading CAP, peace be with you.

Post a Comment