| 2 comments ]


For a long time I resisted the trend to include Vitamin Supplements in my diet. Now that I've gotten older and hopefully wiser, I know better.

I remember when a couple of years ago an elderly lady befriended me and gave me advice on how to make my blood pressure better. She told me to start taking Fish Oil Tablets. To take the recommended dosage and that she guaranteed my blood pressure would go away.

Well, it's been three years and my blood pressure hasn't disappeared, but it has become more manageable. So much that I no longer need to take Cartia XT. I only take Hydrochorothioziade (a water pill). Cartia XT was a heart pill that I was supposed to take in conjunction with the water pill.

I came off the Cartia XT 18 months after I started taking the Fish Oil Caplets. To me Fish Oil pills are a wonder drug!

Now, when I check my blood pressure (at home or at my doctors'), it is running 118-121 over 80...totally awesome!

However, I do drink at least 90 ounces of water per day, I do not eat pork at all (Lord knows how hard it is to resist bacon and barbecued ribs), nor have I eaten salt in over 5 years.

Having seen first hand what unmanaged high blood pressure can do to you, I did not want to go to an early grave. So, I try really hard to eat right, and exercise. That's what this blog is about, my journey to healthy living. I'm not trying to be a supermodel, LOL. All I want is to live healthy and have fun doing it.

Besides, I'm a former athlete, I should know better.

Hey, have a happy holiday. I probably won't blog too much over the next few days. There are so many jazz concerts here, and my favorite R&B singer of all time, Ms. Chaka Khan is giving a free concert in Pontiac, a suburb of Detroit. I am so there!

Ciao`!

Oh by the way, Puritan's Pride has been around for awhile. Usually I go to CVS and get my vitamins, paying $9.49 for 100/1200mg bottle. Right now they have a special where you can get the same quantity and size for 9.99 for three bottles. I was getting low so I ordered some more...

2 comments

Anonymous said... @ August 30, 2008 at 9:38 AM

fish oils are really good supplements specially for maintaining a good bp and makes your heart circulation more ok. some journals have written about it

LaTease "Teasas Tips" said... @ August 31, 2008 at 3:03 PM

yep, i forgot abt the heart benefits..

Post a Comment