| 2 comments ]


It was hard for me to get out and walk today. And what makes it so bad, I had no excuse. The weather is gorgeous, it's not too hot, not too cool, just right. Yet, the part of my psyche that wants to remain overweight kept telling me, "you don't have to walk today." I don't know why. Maybe this little voice is related to the one that told me not to walk yesterday. Yesterday the voice won. I was determined not to let it get me today.

Do you have a little voice in you too? Is it keeping you from achieving your optimal weight?
Don't listen to it!

I know it's hard, I deal with it frequently, not daily, but when it speaks, it is powerful. The part of the brain that controls negative impulses doesn't want to change. It plays to your weaknesses. Knowing that, I increased my walking distance today from a half of a mile to one complete mile. Take that you evil voice in my head!

While walking, my MP3 player is my best friend. Loaded with lots of smooth jazz jams, R&B and lots of other stuff. Having music playing in my ear while I exercise is keeps me energized.

But, back to topic, that voice was really determined today. While walking, I choose to walk along a semi-busy road and pass many stores. As I enthusiastically walked past one store window, I caught a glimpse of my butt. Dang, I thought, you have got to do something about that! It was huge!

I know, they say you always look fatter to yourself than others, but mine needs to come down.

Looking at my butt in the windows, made me think about a snippet I saw on The Soup the other day. Joel McHale showed clips of Tyra's "Embrace Your Big Fat Ass" episode. And believe me that's all I could think about. Turning my big fat ass into a nice beautiful one.

Doing something about my BFA is my job. I've got to learn to ignore the little voice that tries to keep me from exercising. And his relative that wants me to eat unhealthy foods when I shoudn't. It's a battle that you probably are facing as well. You are not alone. If you don't exercise today or even fall off your meal plan, don't sweat it. Just start over tomorrow. Falling off is expected and happens to everyone.

Here's the thing, each day we have the opportunity to do our lives over, but better than we did yesterday. Tomorrow isn't here, yesterday is gone, what are you going to do with today?

Free "As A Man Thinketh" download. Get it, and when you start believing that little voice, read the first chapter of this book, I promise you that little voice will get weaker and weaker. Soon you'll be thinking of what you can do, not what you can't.

Wishing you prosperity and good Health and Wellness.







2 comments

Anonymous said... @ February 22, 2009 at 12:39 AM

The dissolution of clogs in the colon, and the elimination of toxins helps one stay light, as well as filtering the organs and the lymphatic system to keep them in the peak of health. Is it time for you to counteract the toxins in your system?

LaTease Rikard said... @ February 22, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Yes Dual Action, that is why it took me so long to respond to your comment. I was counteracting some of the toxins in my system. Thanks for dropping by!

Post a Comment